Key elements of the solution are:
- Rules based validation to ensure accurate data entry.
- Visual representation of related track elements (stations, waypoints, crossings etc) to improve understanding.
- Easy update of the base track information.
- High availability and failover.
- A performant solution enhancing user experience.
A track warrant system was created that uses a Microsoft Windows forms based application managing the warrant validation rules and interacting with Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). The IIS server then communicates with dedicated Microsoft Windows services containing the backend server logic. The warrant information is stored in a clustered DB2 database system with automatic failover.