Content Management Systems
With a CMS you can just log onto your site and then go to town. Write your content and it'll immediately appear on your webpages - attractive, well-formatted, and consistent with the rest of your site.
CMS systems provide huge advantages for managing sites with frequently changing content. In addition to the obvious benefit of being cheaper long term, CMS's have myriad technical advantages:
- They enforce security (so only authorised people can edit your content).
- They include facilities for mailing lists and signups.
- They allow hosting promotions and competitions.
- You can have members-only areas with social media logins.
- Site search is made simple.